Hair: Schwarzkopf Professional Products: Schwarzkopf Professional
1. We section our haircut off using a brick section through the top from the temples through to just above the occipital bone.
2. The underneath hair is dried off using a comb to avoid any unwanted volume and allowing for the natural growth patter of the hair.
3. We start our haircut in the temple area using a scissor over comb technique. Work the hair down into a graduated shape keeping it very tight to the head, but remembering to leave weight through the temple areas.
4-5. Now, work around the head remembering to always keep the head in an upright position. This section of hair and the outlines are now refined using a clipper over comb technique. Note: the hairline should blend naturally working with the natural hair growth.
6-7. The top section is now randomly blow dried to create volume and texture as a base for our next cutting technique. Sections are now taken from the front to the back and are elevated straight up from the head. Using a soaring technique, these sections are cut under the fingers to achieve a broken finish. Subsequent sections are elevated on to previous to retain the square shape.
8. The outline is now refined using a slicing technique. Note: sections are twisted before slicing.
9. Finally, refine the fringe using the points of the scissors to enhance the broken lines.
10. First, apply Igora Skin Protection Cream around the hairline. The hair is sectioned by taking a zigzag from the front hairline through to the back below the crown.
11-12. Starting at the back, the first color is placed on the first triangle. Once this is completed place a foil over it to separate it.
13. Then, take a fine section and apply your second color again placing a foil over it. Apply once again your first color on the next triangle. Place a foil and repeat the second color on a fine section. This is continued to the top of the head until you reach the front hairline. The idea behind this is to create a cool brown with a fine black zigzag running through the hair.
14. On the short hair very carefully brush on your first color taking care not to stain the skin. The colors are then left to develop according to manufacturers shade guide instructions.