Credits: Photographer: Bonnie Holland; Hairstylist: Danielle Valiente for Paul Mitchell Art Direction; Makeup Artist: Kelsey Deenihan; Wardrobe Stylist: Adria Heath
2. "I almost delayed entering the Paul Mitchell contest another year," confesses Valiente. "Naturally, I'm glad that I rushed things a bit to submit my images on time. Winning the Paul Mitchell Photo Shoot Contest has given me the confidence to enter NAHA 2011.
3. I decided to create light, airy looks to enhance the overall composition of the shoot," smiles Valiente. "Of course, this included an artistic and very frothy interpretation of the ballerina bun."
4. Valiente reveals, "I now divide my time between our family-owned salon of nine years, Atmosphere a Paul Mitchell Focus Salon in Phoenix, and the Angus Mitchell Salon in Beverly Hills. While I love working in our salon, I also want to be an editorial or celebrity stylist."
5. Valiente's ballet-inspired Pirouette placed first-out of 300 entries-in the Paul Mitchell Photo Shoot Contest 2010.
6. Black Swan step aside! Danielle Valiente's Pirouette collection flows as gracefully as ballerina Alina Somova playing Giselle, while displaying hair that speaks to lightness, energy and delicate, classic beauty.