Pomp it up!
The Seahawks made history when they destroyed the Broncos, marking their first-ever Super Bowl championship.
Musical wonder Bruno Mars also made his own mark on history with the sexy hair he sported during the dynamic Halftime show. His coiffed pomp held its shape through the rockin' drum set, soulful singing and slick dancing.
Andrew Carruthers, Director of Education for Sam Villa provides a how-to for recreating his hot look.
● Part off the top and crown of the head by creating a horseshoe shaped section around the head following the bottom edge of the vertical curve down into the mid occipital area.
● Using a Sam Villa Signature Series 7" Dry Cutting Shear and Sam Villa Signature Series Short Cutting Comb, cut the lower portion scissor-over-comb using the thickness of the comb as a guide for length at the bottom and graduating to about 3/4 inch at the top of the section. Switch between the wide length of the comb for removing length and the fine teeth for detailing.
● Create a new horseshoe shaped parting right at the top of the vertical curve.
● Use vertical sections through this area, elevate hair to 90 degrees horizontal and continue a graduated finger angle using the bottom section as your guide, continuing longer towards the top.
● Take a one-inch section down the center of the top section stretching from the crown to the forehead to create guide for the top.
● Elevate the section straight up 90 degrees vertical from the top of the head and cut from shortest at the crown to longest at the front hairline (approximately 2 inches at the crown to 5 inches at the hairline).
● Continue taking parallel sections using the center section for a traveling guide and continue the same elevation until you reach the detachment at the round of the head.
● Take the diagonal back section between the top and the detached area in the round of the head and use a Sam Villa Reversible Blending Shear to create a few points of connection between the two lengths. Your finger angle will be steeper at the front edge where the length on top is longest.
● On towel-dried hair, apply a liberal amount of Redken for Men grip tight holding gel all over.
● Blow dry hair back using the Sam Villa Professional Ionic Blow Dryer and the Sam Villa Small Boar Bristle Round Brush to create height and that classic roundness at the front (hair like Bruno's needs tension of the boar hair to stretch out the natural curly texture).
● Apply a half pump of Redken rough paste 12 working material evenly throughout the top and dust Redken powder grip 03 mattifying hair powder through the root area to create a strong matte finish base to support the height of the pomp. Finish off with Redken Control Addict 28.
Sam Villa Signature Series 7" Dry Cutting Shear
Sam Villa Signature Series Short Cutting Comb
Sam Villa Reversible Blending Shear
Redken for Men grip tight
Sam Villa Professional Ionic Blow Dryer
Sam Villa Small Boar Bristle Round Brush
Redken rough paste 12
Redken powder grip 03
Redken Control Addict 28