Brand Name: L'anza Hair: Robert Miller Color: Robert Miller Makeup: Neil Robison Photo: Mathew Mitchell
Ruby Ring is a colour technique that adds shine and dimension to hair using L'anza Belavance's Ultimate Red Series. A combination of three reds will be used, one cool and two warm. This will guarantee the desired contrast and dimension.
Natural level 4
● 5R with 20 volume
● 6CC+ with 30 volume
● 8CC+ with 40 volume
1. Hair is placed into quadrant parting. Starting in front quadrant at base of hairline, create a diagonal back section.
2. Apply base colour, in this case the cool red (5R), to this section.
3. Since it is around the hairline, apply colour on the top and bottom of the section to ensure proper penetration of colour.
4. Create another diagonal back section that mirrors the first one and that is 1/4-1/2"thick, depending on thickness of hair. Apply base colour (5R) from the roots out to approximately 1.5- 2".
5. Using warm red (6CC+), this colour should be 1 level lighter than the base cool red, apply the colour overlapping the base (5R) by at least 1/2".
6. Create another diagonal back section and again apply the base colour from the root to approximately 1 1/2-2 inches.
7. Use second warm red (8CC+) - this should be 3 levels lighter than the cool red colour. Apply overlapping the base by at least 1/2 inch.
8. Continue working up the side of the head following the same pattern alternating the base colour roots to ends, base colour with warm red that is 1 level lighter through the ends and base colour with the warm red that is 3 levels lighter through the ends. Once the top of the quadrant is reached, begin the same process staring at the front hairline on the opposite side.
9. Upon completion of the front sections, move to the back sections and repeat the same pattern working one whole quadrant at a time and keeping the diagonal back sectioning. After application is complete, process for recommend time, rinse and shampoo.