Hair: Steve and Cyndi Lehman for InfraShine Makeup: Jaime Queenin Photo: Taggart Winterhalter for Purely Visual
COLORING AND CUT
1-3. Mark the fringe zone in a triangular form. Make a parting from ear to ear through the top of the head and a central vertical parting.
4. Mark a horizontal strand in the lower occipital zone.
5. Cut the marked strand, slightly lifting it. That strand will be the control one.
6-8. Cut the entire occipital zone using the strand-bystrand technique.
9. Take a horizontal strand in the temporal zone and cut it so that it is longer towards the face.
10. Cut the entire zone, using the cut strand as the control one.
11-13. Cut the hair on the other side in the same way.
14-15. Mark a strand in the occipital zone along the central vertical parting, pull it up perpendicular to the head, and cut it using the pointing technique.
16. Take the first horizontal strand in the fringe zone and cut it.
17. Cut the rest of the hair in the fringe zone using that strand as the control one.
18-19. Dry the hair and style it with a flat iron.