Brand Name: Aveda Hair: Allen Ruiz, Tristin Morrison and Kurt Kueffner for Aveda Not for the shy, there's lots of possibilities in this cut... plus, you can even change up the color if this client gets bored easily!
1. Begin at the front hairline. Section along parietal ridge, past the point of distribution and end at opposite side. This section should resemble a horseshoe.shape.
2-3. Take a diagonal section from the temple, extending to the top of the ear. Continue taking subsequent sections, following the curve of head, allowing perimeter drop out under the occipital bone. Continue working around head, letting perimeter drop out. gradually elevate sections as you move around head.
4-5. Repeat steps 2 through 3 on opposite side. Continue to center back. 6. Take slightly diagonal section from crown to front hairline, using previously cut hair underneath as the guide.
7-8. Take subsequent diagonal sections, overdirecting slightly backward in order to maintain length in fringe. Continue overdirecting backward.
9. Continue taking diagonal sections, elevating and overdirecting hair back to maintain length. If softer effect is desired, use a variety of pointing and slicing techniques.
10. Create cross.section at top of head.
11. Apply Spiced walnut + 10 Volume to new growth throughout entire head, omitting cross.
12. In the nape section, take the first fine, curved slice from ear to ear. Apply Spiced walnut + 20 Volume to mid.lengths, remembering to melt the next 3 back-to-back slices.
13. Take a second curved fine slice. Apply cool chestnut + 30 Volume to mid.lengths and ends.
14-15. Apply Spiced walnut + 20 Volume on mid.lengths and ends throughout entiresection. Isolate with foil.
16-17. For dimension, work clockwise around cross, taking bold slices from the right side of each square. Apply cool chestnut + 20 Volume to new growth. Apply EnlighterTM Formula to mid.lengths and ends, remembering to melt the two formulas.
18. Release cross section. Apply cool chestnut + 20 Volume to new growth, and + 30 Volume to mid.lengths and ends.
19-20. Shampoo with Color Conserve.TM Dry hair. Apply Sheer cedar.