Hair: Ryan and DeAnnalyn Teal for Capello Salons. Portland, OR Makeup: Denise D'Angelo Photo: Chad Boutin Production: Teaching A.R.T.istry
1. Divide the hair into three sec. tions. The nape is left down while the mid section is pulled up from indentation at the front section.
2. Cut the hair straight across from side to side to give it a solid form.
3. Turn the head and cut the side of the form following the guide.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 cutting to the previous guide.
5. Take horizontal sections and pull all hair over with finger thick partings and cuttings.
6. Cutting a forward graduation split the hair in half in the profile sec. tion; stand on the left to cut the right side and conversely.
7. Take diagonal back finger thick part. ings and elevate them at a 90° angle, directing them to just the side of the nose and cut palm to palm.
8. Take finger thick partings, bringing the hair all the way to the first sec. tion, whatever doesn't reach, doesn't get cut, and cut palm to palm. Braid the basement section.
9-10. Take a finger thick parting from the nose to the nape (along Mohawk line). Elevate the hair at a 90° angle, and cut short to long, the shortest being the previous cut from the graduation. Take radial sections at the crown and all the way around. Elevate them at a 90° angle and cut short to long using the previous section as a guide.