Unite against Violence
Headed by grassroots efforts, more than 80 Milwaukee area salons and spas are expected to join together on November 13, 2012 for a fundraising effort to support the victims of the Azana Spa & Salon shooting.
The effort raises further awareness about the potential tragedies that can stem from domestic violence, which was a key factor in the Azana shooting and other recent salon shootings in Clearwater, Fla., and Seal Beach, Calif. Supported by the PBA Foundation's CUT IT OUT program, salons and spas are invited to sign-up to receive complimentary CUT IT OUT materials and support this significant cause by donating between 5 and 25 percent of sales generated on November 13th. They're also asked to don a purple ribbon as a show of support. Other businesses interested in participating are encouraged to donate a percentage of their sales as well.
How to Participate:
- Sign up at www.cutitout.org to receive complimentary CUT IT OUT collateral materials. Materials are available in English and Spanish.
- Host a CUT IT OUT Day on November 13, 2012. Participating businesses are donating 5 percent to 25 percent of the day's sales.
- Donations for the "Azana Victims Fund" can be made at any Associated Bank branch; mailed to Associated Bank, 1 N. Moorland Road, Brookfield, WI 53005 and made payable to: "Benefit of Azana Salon & Spa."
- Donations are also accepted through CUT IT OUT and can be mailed to PBA, 15825 N. 71st Street, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.
- Make or purchase purple ribbons and place them at your front desk. Ask for a $5 donation for the "Azana Victims Fund." (Ready-made ribbons/bracelets can be purchased at http://r20.rs6.net or visit your local fabric store to create your own.)
- Promote your participation through your social networks.