From blue mohawks to subtle pastel tips, punk style has certainly influenced hair trends in the creative music and fashion industries throughout the decades. Singer Demi Lovato refreshes these iconic looks by showing how incorporating a bit of bold color can appear spontaneous, yet casual. Lovato abandoned her blue hue and opted for a hot pink shade for spring.
Bright hair colors have become quite mainstream among celebrities, but everyday beauties can rock a hot new hue too. This pink shade warms up strands and can add a creative punch to lackluster locks.
Start thinking pink!! Vadre Grigsby, PRAVANA Artistic Color Director reveals the formulas and step-by-step instructions on achieving this bold look.
1. Pre-lighten the length of the hair with PRAVANA Pure Light Power Lightener + 30 Volume until almost all yellow has been removed.
2. Darken the base near the scalp if needed with ChromaSilk 4N + 10 volume
3. If starting with very dark hair, it may be advisable to perform a PRAVANA Silk Degrees Shine Treatment after lightening to even out the porosity.
4. Shampoo with VIVIDS Color Protect Shampoo, dry completely and overlay the lightened hair with a mixture of 2 parts VIVIDS Magenta + 1 part VIVIDS Pink.
5. Process at room temperature for 20 minutes.