Pravana's Magenta/Wild Orchid Urban Ombre
We'll show you how you can reproduce this color and style -- it's not as tricky as you think!
Prelightener: Pravana Pure Light Powdered Lightener + 20-volume developer
Lighter accent shade (ends): Equal parts Pravana ChromaSilk VIVIDS Pink and Magenta with a drop of Wild Orchid
Darker accent shade (all uncolored hair): Equal parts VIVIDS Magenta and Violet
1. Prelighten ends using a balayage technique. Lift to gold-orange stage.
2. Apply lighter accent shade on the mid-shafts to ends. Apply the darker accent shade to the balance of the hair. Use a color brush to meld the lines between the two colors. Process for 20 minutes at room temperature. Rinse, shampoo and condition the hair.
3. Apply a small amount of a bodifying mousse and blow-dry the hair. Taking small sections and spraying the top and bottom of each parting with Pravana Super Shape Hair Spray, set the hair with a 1" ceramic curling iron.
4. Clip each curl and cool completely before brushing out the set.
5. Brush hair smooth using a soft-bristle paddle brush to emphasize a gentle wave patte. Hint: Tuck the ends under to create a retro '40s shape.
6. A final misting of Pravana Silk Degrees Shine Treatment creates dramatic reflection.
Photographer: Julia Kuzmenko; style and makeup: Sherri Jessee; color: Vadre Grigsby, Pravana Artistic Director; sponsor: Pravana