Whether clients are still heading to the beach or starting to get ready for the back-to-school season, these undone expanded fishtail braids are sure to turn heads. Sonna Brado, KMS California Artistic Director from Washington's Jaazz Salon reveals the steps needed to get the look.
- Divide hair into two large sections, which become the stationary "cords."
- Take a small section from the underside of the right cord and cross it over the top to add to the left cord.
- Repeat, taking a small section from the underside of the left and adding to the right. Continue alternating side-to-side, always grabbing from underneath and using small sections.
- When at the bottom, begin loosening the fishtail by holding the end with one hand and gently pulling the slack into the braid, working up to the top gradually by pulling the small sections that were wrapped around the cords.
- Check for balance, secure with bands or barrettes.
- Finish with KMS California FREESHAPE hot flex spray.
"Summer is not over until it's over, but now is a great time to start working on looks to transition guests to fall," says Patrick McIvor, Artistic & TechniCulture Director for Goldwell and KMS California and social media mentor.