Kate Middleton's Criss-Cross Chignon
Photographer: Samir Hussein/Contributor; WireImage
1. Start by prepping the hair with Joico Smooth Cure Shampoo and Conditioner for a smooth, sleek finish. Once the hair is clean, apply 2 drops of Smooth Cure Leave-In Rescue Treatment to damp hair and comb through.
2. Blow-dry the hair using a large round brush. Start at the nape area and work up towards the crown. Smooth, stretch and manipulate the hair, but retain its natural body and fullness. Blow-dry to create large curves and bends in the hair. Keep the dryer's air flow down the hair shaft for extra shine and control. Once hair is blow-dried and set, apply a light mist of Joico Power Spray. Allow the spray to dry and then brush through to make the look easier to control and style.
3. Roughly create two sections of the hair. The front, top and side area being the first, and the back, the second. Taking the back section of hair, loosely gather the hair and secure it with a hair band just below the occipital bone. Don't make the hair too tight.
|Photographer: Mark Cuthbert/Contributor; UK Press via Getty Images|
Lightly backcomb the ponytail before dividing it into four loose sections. Take each section and loosely wrap it around your fingers and secure with a Kirby grip at the nape of the neck. Repeat with remaining sections. Criss-cross each section over one another to create a light folding pleating finish. Keep the hair loose and slightly undone-don't make it too perfect. The quicker, the better the results.
4. Now take the top section of the hair and simply direct it away from the face. Secure the ends with bobby pins around the crown area, so that the top and back sections of the hair are connected.
5. Finally, apply a light mist of Power Spray for shine and a flexible hold. It's also fab for controlling the hair and flyaways.