Ports 1961: Effortlessly Elegant
A modern, classic aesthetic was the focus of the Autumn/Winter '13 Ports 1961 show that debuted in Milan.
"The Ports 1961 clothing collection was very beautiful, well made and perfectly proportioned," says Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Care & Styling, Wella Professionals. "I wanted to create a hair look to complement this-something very considered, but effortless and elegant."
Souleiman and his talented team created sophisticated styles for the lineup of models. The finished look was the sum of two parts, with a low side-parting swept across the forehead to give a puritanical feeling to the look, yet at the back of the head was a flash of elegance in the form of a mini reverse French pleat.
"This is more hair design than hair styling. It's extremely technical and should only be attempted by a trained hairdresser," jokes Souleiman.
Get the Look:
- Start with clean, freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Spray hair with Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm and dry with a flat brush keeping the hair flat and smooth.
- Make a low side-parting and sweep the hair across the forehead and over the ear, secure half the hair in a low pony tail at the nape of the neck using elastic.
- Use a soft bristle brush and Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray as you style to keep the hair perfectly smooth.
- Gently back-comb the remaining hair at the roots in the direction of the ponytail, then smooth over with the soft brush towards the ponytail, spraying and brushing as you go.
- Take the remaining hair and fold it into a reverse French pleat, rolling down towards the ponytail, securing the bottom of the pleat into the ponytail (secure with elastic).
- Spray the hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing spray to keep the style in place. Secure the pleat with hair pins if needed.