Wella Professionals Top Artist Josh Banks recreated Emmy Rossum's shambolic side-braid for the runways at fashion event, WWD Magic last week, proving that this updated braid can be worn virtually anywhere.
"This is a modern take on a classic look that will leave your friends saying, "Why didn't I think of that?" says Banks. Instantly update her look in a flash with this how-to:
- Prep wet hair with Wella Professionals Create Character Texturizing Spray and blow dry hair up and away from the head to create a lift at the root.
- Section the hair from behind the ear across the crown and clip front hair up and away.
- Take the back section of the hair and secure it in a loose ponytail, offset from the center nape around the mid-parietal area.
- Begin to loosely braid the hair. Once a few sections are in braid, take the braid in the direction of the nape corner area.
- As you get to the corner, begin to include the front sections into your braid, leaving out a 1" section around front fringe area.
- Spray the hair with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray to secure the braid with a flexible hold.
- Apply a small amount of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade on the front-most section and weave it into the side of the braid to keep a softness to the finished look. Lightly secure with bobby pins where necessary.
- Lightly pinch the hair throughout the braid to slightly offset the size of each kink. Spray with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to set the look with lasting hold