Brand Name: Farouk Systems Hair: Mikko Horttana, Jason Yates for Farouk Systems Makeup: Giancarlo Intini Photo: Babak Clothes: Laura DiMarcantonio
1-4. Isolate 1 circle on the fringe area. Take a circle above each ear on both sides. Isolate 1 large half circle at the nape area.
Circle at the nape: apply your lightest color to the circle area in the nape.
Slice: take ." in depth curved slice directly above the circle previously colored.
Apply your lightener to this slice using foil to isolate.
a) Isolate a curved slice directly underneath the circle.
b) Apply your lightener to the slice using foil to isolate.
c) Apply your lighter color to the circle above and isolate with foil.
a) Divide the circle into 3 curved sections.
b) Apply your lightest color to the first section of the front circle.
c) Apply your lightener to the slice in the center of the circle.
d) Apply your lightest color to the last section of the front circle.
Use foils to isolate all sections.
Apply your backdrop color to the remaining of the hair.
5. Section the hair from ear to ear through apex. Divide the back section following the parietal ridge in a curve.
6. Left back section: start from the middle by taking a vertical section. Comb the section straight out from the base and chip cut it from shorter to longer (increasing layers).
7. Over direct everything to the middle using this length as your stationary guide line through out the left back section.
8. Right back section: repeat the same thing on the other side.
9. Back crown section: take pie section on the crown area starting behind the ear and slide cut with shorter to longer (increasing layers).
Every section is cut on its own base using traveling/visual guide line through out the entire section.
10-12. Front section: take a ." in depth curved horizontal section following the front hairline. Comb forward with small amount of elevation and chip cut your section to a curved shape, shorter in the middle and longer on the sides. Continue in a same manner throughout the front sections
using a small amount of elevation.
13-14. Front section:
Take a vertical section from the apex to the center front hairline. Chip cut to a rounded layer.
Use this as your stationary guideline over directing remaining hair from both sides and chip cut.