Brand Name: Selective Professional Academy Hair: Mauricio Zangeri, Paolo Fermi, Selvaggio Team for Selective Professional Academy Photo: Luis Vidal
1. Isolate a triangular section in the fringe area. The center should be on the crown and strands should go down towards the forehead. Isolate a thick strand in the left lateral area. Cut it with the points of the scissors holding the strand at a right angle. Do not strive for ideal line form - let it be soft.
2. Continue cutting the hair towards the nape. Isolate an additional thick strand and cut it using fingers. Using the same technique, repeat on the opposite side.
3. Isolate a diagonal parting in low occipital area and cut the hair with the points of the scissors, creating the desired shape. The hair should be shorter in the center and be longer along the edges.
4. Cut the next strand in occipital area using the same technique.
5. Isolate the last strand in the area between the crown and left ear. Cut the hair of this area layer be layer using the same technique.
6. Isolate a diagonal strand in the crown and join it with the hair of lateral area.
7. Repeat on the opposite side.
8. Isolate a strand in the crown and join it with the fringe. Determine the perimeter length of the fringe hair up to straight hairline.
9. Work the hair using the thinning shear.