Brand Name: The Hair Loft Salon Hair: Laura Barsotti Makeup: Jessica Sawicki Photo: Jean Sweet (camerareadyhair.com)
2. Apply smoothing serum. Blow-dry hair straight using maximum tension and a paddle brush.
3. Apply ironing spray. Using a flat iron, completely straighten hair.
4. Separate hair into sections: fringe, sides and back as shown.
5. Beginning just behind the left ear, take horizontal partings and cut an asymmetrical bob line that goes from just above the ear (left) to the nape (right). Cut the first two sections at 0o;
elevate the balance of the sections 30º to create a graduated effect.
6. addressing the left/side section, create a "V" shaped perimeter that follows the jawline as shown. The first two partings should be cut at 0o, with the balance of the sections elevated 30o.
7. To add layers and texture, take vertical sections and work through the back and side sections using slide- and point-cutting techniques.
8. Fringe Section: Establish a fringe perimeter that goes from shorter (left) to longer (right). Soften the perimeter line by point-cutting the ends.
9. To connect the right side to the fringe, take diagonal sections and comb the hair to the left fringe guide. Create an angle that goes down the right side of the hair; connect to the bottom of the "bob" shape.
10. Comb through the remaining right corner of the "bob" shape and finish the cut as desired to blend into the angle of the asymmetrical fringe.