Hair: Andy Uffels, Philips Haircare Artistic Director Makeup: Esther van Maanen Photo: Klaas Jan Kliphuis
Long and fabulously bouncy - it's the hair dreams are made of. It all begins with the blow-dry.
1. Appy mousse generously to damp hair, then dry from roots to tips with Philips Salon Dry Control blow dryer. Use a medium-size round brush as your guide to measure and divide sections. Starting at the top of your head, section hair and dry from roots to ends. As you dry, lift hair at a 90 degree angle.
2. When the section is dry, spray it with hairspray and roll it neatly onto a large Velcro roller. With long hair that's layered, place the roller in the middle of the hair, wrap the ends round then roll it down onto the scalp.
3. Using smaller circumference rollers, set the rest of the hair in horizontal rows. If your hair is long and layered, place the
roller in the middle of the section of hair, wrap the ends around the roller, then roll down to the roots and pin. Setting hair in even rows is necessary to create the lush S-pattern. Dry with blow dryer, or under a hood helmet dryer.
4. Remove rollers with care! Be sure that hair is completely cool as well as dry. Gently unroll-do not pull, as this will break the wave-pattern.
5. Using a natural bristle brush, brush out with long strokes. Apply a few drops of gloss serum for maximum shine.
As you style, give each curl a blast of cool air for extra hold.