Hair: Schwarzkopf Professional Essential Looks
Fussion Collection, Fall/Winter 2006-2007
1. Begin the haircut by taking a section from ear to ear just above the crown.
2. Working on a vertical section through the center nape, elevate the hair straight out from the head and cut at an angle of 45°.
3-4. Continue by overdirecting each subsequent section onto the previous cut sections. Ensure that your retain weight behind the ear and note that the sections do not follow the shape of the head. Repeat for the opposite side.
5. Comb the hair down and refine the outline using the point of the scissors while remembering to retain weight behind the ears.
6-8. Continue by taking a section from the temple to the previously cut back section. Begin from behind the ear and elevate the hair straight out from the head, once again cutting at an angle of 45° and using the previously cut back section as a guide. Subsequent sections are overdirected back on to this point. Work forward until the side section is complete.
9. Repeat on the opposite side.
10. The top section is now divided horizontally from left to right. Sections are then overdirected back onto the crown area using the previously cut sections through the back as a guide.
11. Finally, repeat with the last horizontal section between the crown and the fringe section.
12-13. The outline and the fringe area are now checked and cross checked for balance and attention to detail.
14. Point in a lash length line to the fringe.
15. The hair is now dried using a wrap blow dry technique. Use straightening irons through the mid-lengths and ends to add shine but retain the natural volume created.
16. Refine the outline using the point of the scissors. Pay particular attention to the length, shape and balance of the fringe which is bsolutely key to the integrity of this cut.
Our model's natural hair color is a base 7-0 Medium Blonde. The model's hair has been previously tinted using pre-color to achieve a clean, even and all over blonde tone. This technique will create caramel-gold and pearl tones within the layers of the haircut. Begin work on the back section by creating much finer single foils and alternating your three chosen color.
17-19. Begin by taking a section above the ear. Apply chunky singular foil sections in your three chosen colours. Alternate the colours as you work up towards the temple.
20-21. Begin work on the back section by creating much finer single foils and alternating your three chosen colours.
22. Work on the second side by repeating the same chunky single foils and alternating pattern as you have on the first side section.
23. The colours are then left to develop according to the manufacturer's shade guide instructions.