Brand Name: L'Oreal Professionel Hair: Royston Blythe Artistic Team for L'Oreal Makeup: Justin Collins Photo: Rory Brookland Dresses: Margot Raybold, Beatties, Wolverhampton.
Products: L'Oreal Professionel.
Before: Long hair is cleansed and conditioned.
Mousse is worked through the damp lengths and ends before being blow-dried with a paddle brush one section at a time.
1. Part the hair at the natural parting. Take a section from the front hair line to just above the ear and brush through.
2. Secure tightly with hair elastic just above and behind the ear.
3. Comb through to smooth.
4. Take a second and subsequent vertical section behind this one and in line with the end of the natural parting at the crown. Secure with hair elastic slightly below the first secured section and comb through.
5. Work around the head creating a further central back section and then two further sections moving back up the head, keeping them in line with the corresponding section on the other side. Leave out the fringe section as shown.
6. Beginning on the fringe section comb the whole section forward and spray with styling spray.
7. Sweep the section back in a curve beneath the last section to be secured by elastic.
8. Combine the tail of the fringe section with the fourth section to be secured by elastic.
9. Smooth first section that was secured in band using a comb.
10. Take a fine section of hair and wrap around the base of the ponytail.
11. Loop hair round.
12. Continue creating curls by wrapping hair round fingers then gripping curls in place.