Hair: Jonny Engstrom at Guy Kremer Int. Winchester Photo: Lloyd Dobbie Texture is what gives this one cut its versatility. Teach your client the difference between mousse, gel and wax to create the different looks.
Products: L'Oreal Professional
1. Use a comb to spread Tecni.Art Aero Volume Mousse evenly through hair.
2. Section hair from temple to occipital bone. Take vertical sections through the length of hair through the sides and back to remove length.
3. Working into nape, still using vertical sections, hold out at 90 degree angle so fingers are straight from the nape of the neck to the occipital bone.
4. Having removed the weight now put more texture into the cut using a jumbo comb and thinning scissors to create texture through crown and sides of hair.
5. Continue, moving towards the ear, working in block sections.
6. Still working scissor over comb, up from ear to recession (parted section).
7. Take horizontal section from the top length at the front, at the crown down to the forehead. Combing the section flat into hand creating a shorter length from crown onto side.
8. Work all sections and reverse on the other side, taking fingers horizontal, cutting hair blunt.
9. Connecting sides.
10. Connect back with half moon sections from crown, slice from shorter onto a longer length.
11. Slice into crown to create texture.