Hair: Allen Ruiz, Tristin Morrison and Kurt Kueffner Color: Ian Black and Lupe Voss Makeup: Janell Greason and Ruby Miles Many men may come to you to shorten up longer styles...to make a change.
Practice your sectioning and different types of fringes to create many possibilities.
1. Create a horseshoe section above the parietal ridge and above the occipital bone in the back.
2. Create 1/2 inch vertical subsections from parietal ridge to the sideburn area. Tilt head slightly away to create contour. Cut to stablish length. Lefthanded stylists should begin at
left side of head.
3. After first 3 or 4 vertical subsections, cross.check with Over.comb Technique to ensure balance and consistency.
4. Continue working in 1/2 inch vertical subsections, always being mindful of head position.
5. Articulate the shape with a combination of Freehand and Over.comb Techniques.
6-7. Continuing to work from initial guide, work all the way around the head shape until you run out of hair at left temple (for right.handed stylists).
8. Create a 1/2 inch vertical subsection from center part to top of parietal ridge, behind right ear. Connect the top of the shape to the guide at the top of the parietal ridge.
9. Repeat on opposite side. Continue working in pie.shape sections around the back of the head.
10. Working from crown forward, connect shape across the top of the head to desired length.
11. Create a section in the front that is parallel to the line that you intend to cut in the perimeter shape.
12. Repeat on opposite side.
13. Connect shape accross front of head.
14. With basic shape cut and combed into place, detail and refine perimeter.
15. Working from the top of recession area, create a fringe section in a square shape (like the lower silhouette of a cross).
16. Apply Sassafras + 10 Volume to entire head, from new growth to ends, omitting fringe.
17. Place foil on front hairline to protect skin. On the left side of square, leave out a fine slice at hairline drop out.
18. For dimension, take next slice, parallel to first. Apply Twilight/dusk. Isolate with foil. Continue working in back.to.back slices until you reach end of section.
19. Apply Sumac to entire remaining section, from new growth to ends. Include all fringe.
20. Completed application. Shampoo and condition with Color Conserve.TM