Brand Name: Studio "STEK" Hair: Olga Kolesnikova Makeup: Evgeniy Heinz
1. Apply a small amount of mousse to the client's hair. This will help your shears glide through the hair easily and give you a clean cut. The product must be applied to clean, damp hair only.
2. In the front area, create a semi-triangular shaped section as shown in figure 2, clip this section of hair out of the way.
3. Divide the occipital area over the crown into two square sections and clip these sections away. Create a quadrilateral shaped section at the back of the head in the upper nape area.
4. Comb the unclipped hair to remove any tangles then starting at her left front side, establish a guideline to frame her face; take a vertical parting (approx. 1 inch) directing the hair toward the front.
5. Work toward the back, until you reach the back of her head, over directing the hair toward the front of her face. Do this on both sides. This will help establish the shape that contours her face.
6. In the section of hair you have just cut, Slide.cut the entire perimeter, using a downward motion, this will reduce weight from these areas and give the finished cut a much lighter look.
7. Using the Point.cutting method, create the shape on the ends to soften and even the perimeter of the cut. Do this all the way around her head.
8. Make a horizontal parting at the back of her head in the lower crown / upper nape area. Extend the hair at a 90° angle and establish your guideline using the Point.cutting method.
9. Continue working upwards to her crown, taking horizontal parting and bringing them into your guideline, finishing this section.
10-11. 10-11. Next drop the hair that is in one of the square sections (in the occipital/crown area), taking hair from the previous cut section, connect them, first on one side then the other, making horizontal partings dropping hair down to meet the previously cut hair. This will create a separation between the perimeter hair and the sections you have just cut.
12. The final step in this cut is to Pointcut the fringe using the "free-hand" style to complete this exciting hair. cut.