Inspired by architect Frank Gehry's Guggenheim museum masterpiece in Bilbao, Spain, the Smiths create a collection of geometric shapes, sticks and curls.
Using everything from green screen to cardboard blocks and toilet paper cores, Matrix Artistic Directors Brian and Sandra Smith bring their shapely beauty masterpiece to life.
2. "We used human and synthetic hair to create the individual pieces," Brian informs. "The faux hair made it particularly diffi cult to create smooth, precise shapes. It took weeks of our time, but thanks to plenty of patience, it all came together perfectly." Sandra adds, "We're especially proud of the fact that very little Photoshop was done to the images, making them true works of hair art!"
3. Photographer: David Byun; Hairstylists: Brian and Sandra Smith, Matrix Artistic Directors; Makeup Artist: Aeriel Payne; Fashion Stylist: Rod Novoa MyMatrixFamily.com
4. Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao, Spain Images Courtesy of Ardfern
5. Total Results Amplify Proforma Firm Hold Hair Spray by Matrix was used to smooth (with the aid of a blow dryer) and hold the different geometric shapes. Vavoom Hold My Body Forming Gel by Matrix was key to creating the free-form textures for this collection.
6. Matrix Artistic Directors Sandra and Brian Smith