The looks vary from classic to trendy. I recently traveled to New York for an exclusive photo shoot with one goal in mind: to create a romantic themed collection suitable for any princess bride. As Artistic Director of Sherri's Hair Salon in Bristol, Virginia, I wanted to expand the salon team's portfolio with wedding hair so that clients would know that those options were available to them. My daughter Amy Lauren, and a stylist at the salon, was the the perfect assistant. Seeing my daughter have the same passion for the beauty industry that I do is very rewarding for me. Before flying to New York for the big shoot, we brainstormed ideas for both hair and makeup. I even practiced the looks on Amy Lauren the day before to see how they would read on camera.
Hair & Makeup: Sherri Jessee
Photography: Roberto Ligresti
Photography: Roberto Ligresti
For Look One, I created a classic shape suitable for the Princess Bride. The shiny high bun is accented aptly with tiara and softly flowing veil.
View step-by-step instruction accompanied with before and after photos, detailed text descriptions and photos of each step.
1. Softly line close to the lash line with a Deep Brown Eyeliner.
2. Carefully drop in individual lashes and for a naturally glamorous eye and apply PIXI Lash Boost Mascara in Black.
3. Use matching foundation to cover blemishes.
4. Cheeks have rosy glow with Beauty Addict SleekCHEEKS blush in MOTIVATE.
5. Soft pink lip gloss, LipToxyl in Precious, is applied.
2. For Samantha's first look, an old fashioned, romantic bride look is created using old fashioned tools. A teased top reminiscent of the Gibson Girl is complemented by cascading curls.
1. Lightly mist with Sherri Jessee's Volume Infusion and wind hair up on old fashioned rag rollers and allow to dry under a bonnet dryer.
2. Tease and smooth a section on top and pin to create height.
3. Spray lightly with Pravana Supershape Hairspray.
Soft and Natural Makeup
1. Eyes glisten with golden shadow and golden brows are created with gold creme pigment from the Makeup Forever 12 Flash Color Case.
2. Rosy cheeks added with PIXI Energy Blush in Pick-Me-Up Pink.
3. Lips softly shine in light pink in Beauty Addict SweetLIPS in GLOW.
4. Apply Sherri Jessee Creme Foundation with a foundation brush only where needed to conceal blemishes.
3. For a modern twist, curls are piled high on top of the head. Intriguing netting covers one eye set off by an a double strand of antique pearls.
1. Twist the hair up on top of the head and allow the curls to softly tousle. Securely pin with the perfect pin: VMack Rubber Coated Chignon Pin available at www.hairdesignertv.com
2. Dress up the look by adding accessories of a romantic net and antique pearls.
To create added drama, Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lipgloss in Siren is applied and a soft red shadow is dusted under the eye.
4. This sculpted braid is a great look for the cosmopolitan bride and is accentuated with avante gard makeup.
1. Smooth the hair with by flat ironing with a Salon Tech Flat Iron to protect the hair and create extra shine.
2. Carve in a deep side part and twist the hair along the hairline.
3. Continue braiding the hair and form into a spiral and pin securely with tiny hair pins.
1. Line the eyes with a combination Smash Box Gold and Black Eyeliners.
2. Smudge on dramatic smokey, turquoise eye.
3. A nude lip is created by gently patting concealer to the lips.