A perfect summer evening calls for sexy summer hair.
In celebration of the season, Celebrity Stylist Alex Polillo crafted a duo of standout red carpet looks for teen A-listers Ashley Benson (Pretty Little Liars) and Melissa Benoist (Glee).
These beauties donned their sizzling looks at Hollywood's 2013 Teen Choice Awards. Of course, Joico products were on hand to help keep these hot looks locked in all night.
Here are Polillo's how-tos:
Ashley Benson's Tousled Side-Sweep
1. Apply Joico JoiWhip Firm Hold Design Foam to damp hair.
2. Rough dry the hair while twisting strands to create a solid, highly textured foundation.
3. Smooth front sections with a blow dryer and round brush.
4. Create a deep side part.
5. Create 1 x 1-inch subsections and loosely wrap each one around a one-inch curling iron. Before curling, mist each strand with Joico JoiShape Shaping and Finishing Spray. Wrap curls in alternating directions. When each section is curled, mist with JoiShape Spray and allow the hair to set.
6. Once hair has cooled, softly brush through to loosen the curls. Mist with JoiShape Spray.
7. In the front, wrap small sections away from the face. Work around the hairline, gradually reducing the size of the sections. Secure the roll with bobby pins about every inch and a half. At the nape, lift the hair and conceal the roll, securing the hair with criss-crossed bobby pins.
8. Mist the waved side section with Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo and finish with a pea-sized application of Joico Matte Grip Texture Cream to separate the waves.
Melissa Benoist's Retro Updo
1. Apply Joico JoiWhip Firm Hold Design Foam to damp hair at the roots.
2. Tip the head upside down and rough dry the hair.
3. Establish the part and subdivide the crown. Mist each subsection with Joico Power Spray Fast-Drying Spray and gently backcomb the roots.
4. Create a 2 x 2 inch section on each side of the part and loosely braid each section. Secure the ends with a small elastic. Direct each braid at the nape and pin them into place.
5. Gather all remaining hair (excluding the front hairline sections) in a ponytail and secure with a large elastic.
6. Gently roll the ponytail upward, between the braids, and secure with pins. Mist with Power Spray.
7. Mist subsections along the hairline with Joico JoiShape Shaping and Finishing Spray and gently curl each one with a one-inch curling iron. Pin some of the waves behind the ears and allow some to float freely.
8. Lock in the style with Power Spray.