MET Gala Beauty: Kirsten Dunst & Alexa Chung
Sebastian Professional celebrity stylist Diego Da Silva styled the locks of beauties Kirsten Dunst and Alexa Chung for New York City's artsy and fashionable MET gala.
Here, Da Silva shares his inspiration and the step-by-steps used to create these glam A-lister looks.
Star stylist Diego Da Silva gave Kirsten Dunst a side-parted wavy down 'do using Sebastian Professional for the 2013 MET Gala, which was held May 6th at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
"I wanted to complement Kirsten's more formal Louis Vuitton evening gown with a very beach, casual hairstyle," says Diego Da Silva.
1. Wash the hair with Sebastian Professional Trilliance Shampoo and Conditioner, towel dry hair and saturate from roots to ends with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray.
2. Blow-dry the hair using a round brush for maximum root lift.
3. Use a medium-sized curling iron to curl the hair very softly from mid shaft to ends, creating waves throughout rather than curls.
4. Once the hair is cooled, spritz with Sebastian Professional Halo Mist for shine and Sebastian Professional Shaper for a firm yet touchable hold.
Da Silva gave Alexa Chung a loose, romantic chignon using Sebastian Professional.
"When I saw Alexa's dress, I was immediately inspired by English actress Charlotte Rampling and went for a soft, elegant chignon," says Da Silva.
1. Wash the hair with Sebastian Professional Trilliance Shampoo and Conditioner, towel dry hair and saturate from roots to ends using Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray.
2. Blow-dry the hair with a round brush for maximum root lift.
3. Create a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck and wrap the hair around loosely to create a messy chignon. Secure with small hair pins and bobby pins.
4. Loosen the bun and hair throughout for an undone look and spritz with Sebastian Professional Shaper for touchable hold.