Frankie Morello: Graphic Design
Graphic looks, the vibe of the '50s era and lots of femininity inspired Frankie Morello's Autumn/Winter 2013 collection, which was unveiled in Milan.
"We brought an army of super-feminine, mysterious femme fatales to our runway. If the show were a film, it would be set in the '50s in Los Angeles and the woman on the catwalk would be an intriguing Black Dahlia," says Maurizio Modica and Pierfrancesco Gigliotti of the Frankie Morello brand.
To complement the collection, TIGI Italian Creative Director Marco Iafrate created a graphic hair look with a middle part and dual texture, with flat hair at the top and moved in length.
"It's a graphic look, clean and elegant with a touch of retro and modern elements. We created a fine balance between the '50s and the present," says TIGI Italian Creative Director Marco Iafrate.
Get the Look:
1. Prep the hair with CATWALK by TIGI Curlesque Lightweight Mousse at the roots and mid-lengths, and then apply CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Styling Cream at the ends.
2. Create a center-part with no volume at the roots.
3. Just below the ears, take large sections of hair and spray CATWALK by TIGI Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray and then use a large curling tong to create a soft wave.
4. Tuck hair behind the ears and mist with more CATWALK by TIGI Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray as needed.
- CATWALK by TIGI Curlesque Lightweight Mousse
- CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Styling Cream
- CATWALK by TIGI Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray
|Designer Frankie Morello's '50s-inspired collection|