Celebrity stylist Daniel Howell created Julia Louis-Dreyfus' award-winning look at the glitzy Emmy Awards, which were held in Los Angeles on September 23. Howell exclusively used Alterna's Caviar Anti-Aging product to create Dreyfus' casual yet sophisticated low knot.
"I loved that Julia's modern dress had subtle vintage details, and I wanted to translate that into her hairstyle with an organic and textured chignon at the nape of the neck," says Daniel Howell.
- Begin by washing the hair with Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. It's important to use products specifically designed for colored-treated hair, so you can lock in moisture.
- Towel dry hair and spray generously with new Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Styling Prep; comb product through using a wide-tooth comb.
- Rough dry with fingertips and a diffuser attachment in an upward motion to create lots of volume from the scalp.
- Begin at the nape and divide the hair into 2" sections. Spray with Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Perfect Iron Spray. This will lock in moisture, but block out humidity-the enemy of keeping a style intact.
- Using a 3/4" curling iron, wrap sections around the iron keeping it an inch from the scalp. Hold for 30 seconds. Continue until all of the hair is curled.
- Smooth a dime-sized amount of Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Ultra Sleek Polishing Serum through the ends of the hair to eliminate flyaways.
- Create a deep center-part, and pull hair into a low, loose ponytail. Twist and wrap pony into a loose knot and secure with small bobby pins.
- To ensure the style holds, mist with Alterna Caviar Extra Hold Hair Spray in long feathery strokes.