Backstage at William Okpo
For Spring/Summer 2013, Aveda Global Makeup Director Janell Geason heats things up by pairing luminous skin with a bright, bold lip. This topnotch artist used the hot hues found in the Aveda Spring/Summer 2013 color collection to create the looks that were shown at the recent William Okpo show, which was presented during New York City's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, September 6 through 13.
"The makeup is natural but daring at the same time," says Geason. "The skin looks lightly bronzed and glowing, like beautiful summer skin. The bright lip is fun and fearless with a matte finish to balance the radiant complexion."
Get the Look: Makeup Step-by-Step
- Prep skin with Aveda Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Creme to hydrate.
- Balance the complexion with a mixture of Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture and Inner Light Concealer as needed.
- Apply Aveda Uruku Bronzer in Brazilian Sun in a "C" shape from the temples and along the jawline to contour the face.
- Highlight cheek bones by sweeping Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color in Illumination across each.
- Add vibrancy to the apples of the cheeks by applying Aveda Petal Essence Face Accents in Hibiscus* with an Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush.
- Line and fill in lips using Aveda Lip Pencil in Barberry Bloom*. Smooth the color with a small eye-shadow brush for a matte finish, rounding out the cupid's bow.
- Apply Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color in Lantana* from the lash line to the crease and Bare Bellis* starting at the crease and fading into the brow bone. Blend.
- Apply a generous coat of Aveda Mosscara in Black to the top and bottom lashes.
- Define brows using an angled brush and Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Gobi Sands.
*Shades from the Spring/Summer 2013 Collection, available in February 2013