Matrix sponsored Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week's "Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show," which was hosted by lifestyle brand, The Moms' personalities, Melissa Gerstein and Denise Alberts along with renowned talk show host Wendy Williams. The show teamed up with a host of topnotch contemporary designers and brands to present hot looks on real moms-ranging from celebrity icons such as Lisa Rinna to New York City tastemakers, entrepreneurs and influencers. Of course, Matrix artists were on hand to create more than 30 mom-worthy styles.
"We're here to help create individuality and beautiful hair because that's what Matrix is really all about-beautiful hair and making moms feel great in their own skin," says Matrix Artistic Designer, Robert Santana, who led the team.
When it came to her moment to shine on the runway, mom Stephanie McMahon wanted to shed her WWE image and embrace her mom side. When trying to decide how to style her hair, the Matrix team decided to give McMahon a whole new look. In a flash, they transformed her glossy, straight-hair into voluminous curls. Check out how the creative team used Matrix products to give this mom a runway-worthy makeover.
Create the Look
- Prep hair with Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil to add shine.
- Use a 1 1/4 inch curling iron and wrap hair around the wand. Set hair in pins to cool.
- Once cool, take hair out of pins and apply Design Pulse Mega Dust throughout curls.
- Then apply Total Results Curl Super DeFrizzer to smooth out the curls before back-combing the curls with the fingers.
- Smooth hair down on the top with a comb and leave volume on the bottom for dramatic curls.
|WWE's Stephanie McMahon before her style transformation.||Star Power! WWE's Stephanie McMahon gets a new look.|