NAHA's Top Talent
The North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA)-North America's esteemed photographic hairstyling competition-unveils the winners of the NAHA 2012 contest. A group of dynamic, talented artists were recognized during a star-studded ceremony, held July 22, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
More than 3,000 beauty professionals attended the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) event, which was also viewed by more than 40,000 viewers across the globe. Those who could not attend the dazzling event tuned in to watch the live steaming broadcast and to celebrate the honorees in NAHA's 13 distinct categories.
NAHA's top and most coveted honor, "Hairstylist of the Year," was presented to Dimitrios Tsioumas, from the Mizu New York Salon in New York. Tsioumas, who also took home the 2012 NAHA for Contemporary Classic, has won multiple NAHAs over the years.
This year marked 23 years of the awards ceremony. The event featured five artistic presentations from NAHA 2011 Hairstylist of the Year, Eli Mancha, artists representing the Proctor & Gamble Salon Professional Brands, Cloud Nine Hair USA and Aveda. A tribute to Vidal Sassoon honored the work and legacy of the visionary who did so much to advance the art and profession of hairstyling. The NAHA 2012 winners in their respective categories include:
- Master Stylist of the Year, Edwin Johnson, Cutting Room Creative, Nanaimo, BC, Canada
- Hairstylist of the Year, Dimitrios Tsioumas, Mizu New York, New York
- Newcomer Stylist of the Year, Sal Misseri, Ladies & Gentlemen Salon & Spa, Chicago
- Salon Team of the Year, Lunatic Fringe Salon, Salt Lake City
- Editorial Stylist of the Year, Neeko Abriol, Salon Sessions Studio, Pasadena, Calif.
- Student Hairstylist of the Year, Cassandra Monteyro, Aveda Fredric's Institute, West Chester, Ohio
- Texture, Jasmine Gibbs, The Cutting Edge, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Avant Garde, Nicholas French, West Hampton, N.Y.
- Contemporary Classic, Dimitrios Tsioumas, Mizu New York, New York, NY
- Haircolor, Chad Demchuk, Drexel Hill, Pa.
- Make-Up Artist of the Year, Jeanne San Diego, R Rated Hair, Upland, Calif.
- Salon Design, Square Colour Salon + Spa, Las Vegas
- Salon MBA, Gila Rut Salons, San Diego
- People's Choice Award: Newcomer Stylist of the Year, Nick Hemsley, Lunatic Fringe, Salt Lake City
|Hairstylist of the Year, Dimitrios Tsioumas, Mizu New York, New York||Newcomer Stylist of the Year, Sal Misseri, Ladies & Gentlemen Salon & Spa, Chicago|