Bringing Beauty to Life
The creative and business leaders of the salon industry showed their support for America’s Beauty Show and Cosmetologists Chicago by participating in the organizations’ spectacular trade event, held recently at McCormick Place in downtown Chicago. The success of the 86-year-old America’s Beauty Show (formerly The Midwest Beauty Show) also re-emphasized that thousands of beauty-pro attendees (62,857 to be exact) wanted to see what was new, what was important and what lies ahead for beauty. (Next year’s show is scheduled for March 3 to 5, 2012).
While creative education filled dozens of classrooms during the trade event, talent ruled the ABS Runway.
• The one and only Vivienne Mackinder and the Intercoiffure America/Canada Artistic Team showed lush, hot looks for the season.
• Anthony Mascolo, TIGI’s inteational creative director and worldwide style setter created major excitement on the runway.
• Exclusive USA Appearance of Irvine and Louise Rusk brought their signature brand of Scottish appeal back to American stylists.
• Nick Arrojo and the ARROJO artistic team revealed the latest trends and techniques in scissor and razor cutting, and fashion-forward styling.
• “PURE EDUCATION” featured Zak Mascolo and the TONI&GUY Artistic Team.
HIT THE ISSE
The Professional Beauty Association | National Cosmetology Association (PBA | NCA) left its first-ever beauty mark on Chicago recently with its premiere ISSE Midwest show. Catering to 12,500 attendees and featuring 150 exhibitors, the event presented 250 educational classes based on an array of pro-beauty topics. Top draws included the Talent Theater, a NAHA classroom featuring top NAHA vets and keynote speaker Suze Orman. ISSE Midwest dates for 2012: April 15-16 at the Rosemont in Chicago.