The fashion world is still buzzing about the lineup of 60 custom wigs that were created by Redken Creative Consultant Guido for the Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2015 NYFW show.
The show presented a parade of choppy rock 'n' roll wigs, which were flaunted by top models Adriana Lima, Karlia Kloss, Imaan Hammam, and Kendall Jenner. The wigs were pre-dyed before the show.
Working very closely with Marc Jacobs to complete his vision for the runway, Guido drew inspiration from the 70's and 80's to create a fantasy look for the runway.
"The wigs are a total reflection of Marc Jacob's style," says Guido. "They really allowed us to bring this vision to life because they almost depersonalize the girls."
Create the Look:
1. Apply hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel to dry hair from root to ends and comb through until hair is completely saturated.
2. Divide hair into two sections (top and bottom) in the back.
3. Clip the bottom section down and out of the way.
4. Using a finishing brush, start to brush the top section flat against the head, following the round of the head in one direction. Repeat with each section, making sure it's very clean and neat-looking when finished.
5. Blow dry hair until completely dry.
6. Apply control addict 28 high hold hairspray to smooth any flyaways.
7. Place wig on head.
8. Cut the wig into a bowl-shape with a heavy bang.
9. Mist water all over the wig until damp, and then liberally spray fashion waves 07 sea salt spray all over, scrunching into hair with fingers to create chunky texture.
10. Allow to air dry and finish by thoroughly spraying wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over the hair for added texture.