Inspired by the modern day woman, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a polished, modern ponytail for Diesel's Spring/Summer 2015 show.
Guido achieved this classic ready-to-wear style using Redken's satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to blow the hair out straight, and then comb it back into a smooth low ponytail with a deep side part. To add a futuristic feeling, he finished the look with a liberal misting of Forceful 23 super strength hairspray to create a lacquer-like effect.
"My job as a hairdresser is to update the ponytail to make it more relevant for today's woman. This ponytail is very groomed and classic, but slightly futuristic. The two distinct textures - shiny and matte - and the deep side part make it a very depersonalized, exact look," says Guido, Redken Creative Consultant.
Guido used satinwear 02 to blowdry the hair super straight, and then created a deep side part before brushing the hair back into a low ponytail. To create the lacquered effect, he liberally sprayed forceful 23 on the top of the hair, making it feel a bit more minimal and modern."
1. Apply a nickel-size amount of satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair and comb through.
2. Using a fine-tooth comb, create a deep side part.
3. Blowdry hair straight using a boar bristle brush.
4. Brush hair back into a low ponytail, using a boar bristle brush to smooth out any bumps.
5. Secure ponytail at the base of the head using a small black elastic.
6. Flatiron the length of the ponytail until it is straight and smooth.
7. Finish with a generous mist of forceful 23 super strength hairspray all over the top of the head to create a shiny, sleek look.
|Diesel's Spring/Summer 2015 show||Lucas Flores Piran for Redken|