Frock 'n Rockby Jeryl E. Spear
If you’re planning on attending a gala event—and we hope that you are—purchasing one of these formal frocks could make you the belle of the ball! The one caveat for all evening gowns: Floor-length designs will make petite women appear shorter.
Puffy Gowns: Ranging from tulle-over-satin to ruche draping, flowy, fairytale dresses have the “it” factor for winter 2010.
Greek Silhouettes: Greek-style gowns made of airy fabrics that ripple as you move, will create whispered compliments as you walk through the crowd.
Red Carpet: Get in the slink of things and show off your sexy curves Hollywood style. Our fashion faves: Gowns by J. Mendel and Karen Sabag.
STYLE CUES: RUCHE DRAPING
• Hourglass. Enhance your shape by wearing a dress with a ruched waist.
• Pear (fuller hips and thighs). Dazzle witha dress that has ruche details along the upper body.
• Apple (full on top with lean lower body). Ruche details on the lower half of the dress will flatter your figure!
STYLE CUES: SUPER-SLIMMING UNDERGARMENTS
To improve the look of your shape, do what the stars do by wearing body-slimming undergarments. Companies ranging from La Perla to Lipo in a Box have briefs, corsets and body suits that visually shed pounds in all the right places.
STYLE CUES: RUFFLES
• Hourglass. Wear a ruffled dress that cinches at the waist to accentuate your voluptuous figure.
• Pear. Balance your figure while adding the illusion of a few more cup sizes by wearing full ruffles around your bosom.
• Apple. Create the impression of wider hips with flowing ruffles that begin just below your waist and continue down to your toes.