DIY Purple and Mint Smoky Eye
Using fresh eyeshadow colors to create the tried-and-true smoky eye adds a dressy touch to your overall makeup design.
Easy to follow and effortless to perfect, here are the supplies you`ll need to complete this look:
Purple/amethyst eyeliner (preferably a soft kohl formula)
Matte purple amethyst (deep) eyeshadow
Matte purple (medium) eyeshadow
Shimmery grape (light) eyeshadow
Matte ivory (vanilla) eyeshadow
Matte mint eyeshadow
Glitter `aurora borealis` loose eyeshadow
Black gel eyeliner
False eyelashes (used in this tutorial: Pixie Luxe mink lashes)
(Click on the step-by-step image to view in a larger format)
1. Outline the outer lash lines and outer crease with amethyst kohl eyeliner.
2. Using a stiff crease brush, blend out the liner across the crease and lower lash line and add deep purple eyeshadow on top. Add a bit of (light) shimmery grape eyeshadow to the center to give the shadow more dimension.
3. With a fluffy crease brush, blend out any harsh edges of the purple crease shadow, using windshield-wiper motions. To blend out the outer coer, blend upward toward the tail end of the brow. Add medium purple eyeshadow to soften the gradient. Use a matte ivory (vanilla) eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone and soften the purple.
4. Pat on mint eyeshadow as shown, using a flat brush. Highlight the coer and inner lower lash line with the lightest shade from the palette and add iridescent glitter eyeshadow.
5. Line the top lash line with black gel liner and extend the outer wing every so slightly. Add mascara and false lashes to complete the look.