Right before the big "wedding weekend" Danny Moon transformed Kylie Jenner's hair (which was previously colored using hair chalk) from dark chocolate to a cool blue/green hue.
PRAVANA Guest Artist Daniel Moon said the inspiration was Pretty Punk.
He created the green/blue shade with PRAVANA VIVIDS, which added dimension and complemented Jenner's skin tone.
The color only lasts 4 to 6 weeks, so it's certainly not a permanent style-just a fab trend.
Moon viewed the look as a signature statement in rebelling against traditional values, and of course, exuding confidence and style.
The look uses 2 Parts VIVIDS Green + 1 Part VIVIDS Blue. To recreate the look on a dark brunette base, use ChromaSilk 3N with 10 volume developer.
● Shampoo, condition, rinse, and dry the hair completely.
● Apply a mixture of 2 parts VIVIDS Green to 1 part VIVIDS Blue to the mid-shaft where the dark color and pre-lightened hair connect. Pull the color through 2-3" through each strand through the top layers. Then pull the color through the ends on varying pieces through the perimeter.
● Process for 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
● Rinse with cool water. The pre-lightened ends of the hair will pick up some of the teal color as it rinses through.
● Shampoo lightly and condition with VIVIDS Color Protect.
● Spray in VIVIDS Color Protect Sealing Spray, then style as desired.