New Bob Beauty
A-listers Jennifer Anniston, Reese Witherspoon, Jenny McCarthy and Chelsea Handler are just some of the head-tuers flaunting sexy new bobs.
It's a fresh look for spring/summer, but some clients just aren't into the big chop.
Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, suggests creating a faux bob using braids and lacing to take the length up.
It will certainly put a spring in any girl's step.
"A faux bob is a great look to offer for a special event," says Roche. "It's not going to be a look they want to tackle every day," says Roche.
Create the Look:
- Section the top area of the head and pin up.
- The bottom hair will be braided in 4 vertical sections with 3 strand braids - right over center, left over center, etc., adding to both sides as you go and securing an elastic about 4" from the bottom of each section. This flattens the area, creates a base for pinning and brings the length up.
- Tuck the braids up and secure with a pin, leaving the last 4" to hang.
- Lace ends to shorten and expand hair to spread it out.
- Drop the top portion of hair, lace it to shorten the length and gather and pin the hair up, so the ends are roughly the same length as the ends of the braids.
- Any shorter top layers or fringe (depending on length/type of original haircut) can be arranged to fall over the previous layers to blend.
- Finish with Pureology Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for soft touchable hold.