BSG Launches Loxa Beauty
Beauty Systems Group (BSG), the professional distribution arm of Sally Beauty Holdings, unveiled Loxa Beauty, an e-commerce site and mobile app, during a vendor and media day at BSG headquarters in Denton, Texas.
HOT Editor-in-Chief Jeryl Spear was present for the day-long event, which included short talks by BSG and other industry leaders, a demonstration of LoxaBeauty.com and Q&A session.
Here’s what she reports:
“Going into the meeting, we had a pretty good idea of what would be said because prior to making the trip, BSG leaders held a conference call that described the upcoming Loxa Beauty program in broad strokes.
During my time at the BSG offi ces, the information shared during the phone conference was fleshed out, although there are still many details and features that will be explained in the upcoming weeks and months.
“We received a lot of information so, for the sake of clarity, here’s a snapshot of what we learned:
● Loxa Beauty will be selling salon products directly to consumers.
● Consumers will have access to over 3,000 salon products, including Paul Mitchell, Joico, American Crew, CHI, and more.
● Loxa Beauty states that it’s targeting online shoppers that now buy professional products on sites like eBay and Amazon.
● Loxa Beauty may reduce salon overhead in terms of retail inventory.
● Loxa Beauty will pay a 12% commission to a stylist or salon on each product sale.
● To receive commissions, beauty pros must be members of Loxa Beauty.
● Loxa Beauty pledges to pay commissions on 100% of all product sales.
● A commission will be paid to a stylist/salon, based on information provided by the client or the beauty pro’s input (see HairScription info below). If input is not included or found, a program will identify the nearest member in relationship to the consumer’s location.
● Commissions are paid via PayPal.
● The website also includes consumer beauty articles and brand/company pages.
● Stylists/Salons will have a variety of online tools at their fi ngertips, including customizable profi les and apps to write “HairScription” recommendations for specifi c clients, based on what Loxa Beauty offers on its website.
● Most—but not all—product companies that are part of the BSG distribution network have committed to the program.
“I’ve written information about Loxa Beauty from a different perspective on page 14. I’ll also continue to post news about Loxa Beauty on our website: Hot.HairsHow.us. You can also take a test-drive and explore the site by accessing LoxaBeauty.com and registering as a salon professional.”