Hair Trend: High Shine at Lanvin
It's time to really shine! At the Lanvin show in Paris, Redken Creative Consultant Guido amped up the wet-shine look to give the hair a nighttime vibe.
Wet and shiny textures give the hair a naturally cool finish that works seamlessly with the collection. The Lanvin updo might be a bit messy and wet, but the overall style glistens on the runway.
"I wanted the hair to have a messy, wet-shine finish for Lanvin, because the show always feels like it takes place in a nighttime environment," says Guido. "The set design, lighting and smoke really create this illusion, so the hair needed to fit the evening atmosphere. If the hair had a dry finish, the look would feel too romantic. With a wet-shine finish, the hair takes on a very sexy, easy Lanvin feel."
Create the Look:
1. Saturate damp hair with guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam
2. Apply argan-6 oil multi-care oil for added shine
3. Using fingers, rake hair into a ponytail and secure with elastic
4. Twist ponytail into a messy chignon and secure with open fasteners
5. Finish by applying generous amounts of shine flash 02 glistening mist and forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
- Redken guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam
- Redken argan-6 oil multi-care oil
- Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist
- Redken forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
HOTO CREDITS: Greg Kessler for Redken