Pony Up! Sleek Ponytails at Hugo Boss
Simple, sophisticated styles dominated the runways at the Hugo Boss show in Manhattan. Redken Creative Consultant Guido fashioned the models' hair to complement the elegant collection.
"I was inspired by the clean and sophisticated styles that Hugo Boss effortlessly produces season after season. The Fall/Winter 2014 collection remained true to the brand's design aesthetic, so it was important for me to create a hairstyle that further amplified such qualities of richness and luxury. It is wonderful when the brand itself becomes the inspiration," says Guido, Redken Creative Consultant.
Guido used satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to give models a frizz-free finish with silky smoothness.
Once the hair was pulled back into a tight low ponytail, Guido applied forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to his hands before smoothing out any remaining flyaways.
The style is simple, elegant and wearable.
Create the Look:
1. Apply pillow proof blow dry express primer to damp hair
2. Apply satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion
3. Blow dry hair until smooth with a natural bristle brush
4. Create a deep clean side-part
5. Pull back into ponytail and secure with elastic
6. Spray forceful 23 super strength finishing spray onto hands before smoothing away any flyaways
7. Use a curling iron to add movement into the ponytail if necessary
● Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion
● Redken forceful 23 super strength finish spray
● Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer
PHOTO CREDIT: Greg Kessler for Redken