Catch Some Waves
Los Angeles stylist Angel V. Prado crafted some "lived-in waves" for Quinn Shephard from the CBS show, "Hostages" for the Peoples Choice Awards.
His secret weapon: the Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr iron "I like using Sleekr for creating lived-in waves and other texture," says Prado.
Here's How: Lived-in Waves
● Starting with dry hair, take vertical sections around the head and spray Redken guts 10 root volumizing spray foam from root to mid shaft. Comb through with a Sam Villa Signature Series Wide Cutting Comb using the wide teeth for even distribution of product.
● Blow dry roots with a Sam Villa Signature Series Paddle Brush, upwards and away from the face to create movement and lift at the base (until dry).
● Separate hair into two stacked sections (top and bottom).
● Starting at the bottom, use a Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr iron and take vertical sections (place iron in vertically), spin hair once around the iron and pull the iron down the hair as if using scissors to curl ribbon.
● Repeat on different parts of the hair strand (ex. first section curls at the base going back, next section only curls in the mid shaft going forward) and continue until the entire head is curled. Have fun and keep it sporadic, to create more natural looking texture for the perfect lived-in waves.
● Finish by spraying Redken Wool Shake 08 volumizing texturizer and lightly shake with your fingers to add separation and movement.
Redken guts 10 root volumizing spray
Sam Villa Signature Series Wide Cutting Comb
Sam Villa Signature Series Paddle Brush
Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr
Redken Wool Shake 08
For other thermal tool tips and tricks, check out www.samvilla.com
|Redken guts 10 root volumizing spray||Sam Villa Signature Series Wide Cutting Comb||Sam Villa Signature Series Paddle Brush|
|Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr||Redken Wool Shake 08|