Glamorize the Ponytail
For the fourth look in the Joico Holiday Hairstyle video tutorial series, Joico’s Glam Hair Expert Katie Bilovol gave the ponytail a swanky new twist for a tame yet fun hairstyle to flaunt at holiday office parties.
On days when glamour girls are rushed to get out the door for work, a tame high pony is an easy, go-to hair solution. Biloval added a red-carpet flair to the ponytail that is deceptively simple and even easier than any do-it-yourself braid.
Office beauties can glam up the look even more with an added touch of a ravishing ribbon running through the hair.
How-to: Glam Pony
Prep: Wash hair with Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner to quench dry, winter locks. Blow dry hair with a large, round brush to create volume.
- Create triangle parting at the top of the head and separate out.
- Lift the chin up and put her head back to brush hair up into a very high ponytail—the higher the pony, the sleeker, and trendier the look. Spray Power Spray as you keep brushing the ponytail up to tame the flyaways. Secure the ponytail with clear elastic.
- Gently backcomb the top section to create texture. Gather this section and give the piece a twist, securing it into the ponytail with a bobby pin, continuing to wrap the end of this section around the clear elastic on the ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin.
- Split the ponytail into two sections and twist into the same direction then cross both sections in together until you reach the end. Secure the end with a hair tie.
- Get creative and add some holiday flair by adding in the red ribbon, twisting the ribbon with the sections.
- Starting at the top of the twist, gently tug some of the hair all the way down to make the twist look full. Squeeze a small dime-size amount of Super Shine Glossing Polish into the palm of your hand, rubbing your palms through the twist, polishing off the hairstyle.