Holiday How-to: Double Braid Headband
The bubbly's been poured, lights are twinkling, and bling is certainly in the air-and also in the hair! The holiday glam season ushers in-in full force and stylists need to start thinking about how to glam up clients! In the spirit of giving, Joico unveils a new series of step-by-step video tutorials designed to up the sparkle factor.
Glam Hair Expert Katie Bilovol, TV fashion pro Sydne Summer, and All My Children star, Brooke Newton, can assist in creating hot holiday hair. Tune in online to learn their pro secrets, which include surprisingly simple hair tricks that are used behind-the-scenes at beauty and fashion shoots.
Prep: Set hair with a one-inch curling wand, taking each section twisting hair forward and placing the curling wand behind the hair, wrap the opposite way of the twist. Once the section has been curled, take the curl, wrap it and bring it close to the hair, setting it with a pin while the curl is still hot. Undo the pins once the hair has completely cooled down.
|Double Braid Headband look|
1. Create a part on the heavy side that is just behind the ear. Separate the hair forward, clipping the hair away. Repeat the part on the opposite side. Make sure you have enough crown hair left in the back section for enough volume. Separate the back from the front in a low ponytail. Take the front part, splitting the section creating two halves with a comb. Repeat on the opposite side of the head.
2. Separate the back from the front in a low ponytail. Take the front section, splitting the hair vertically creating two halves with a comb. Repeat on the opposite side of the head. If needed, clip the two halves away from each other.
3. Rub Joico Super Shine Glossing Polish through the fingers, using hands to comb the product through the front sections. Start with one side of the front section vertically. With the section take a diagonal piece all the way by the ear and start French braiding across the head, framing the face like a headband would. Make sure the braid is braided loosely for a soft appearance. Finish off the braid once you run out of hair on the sides. Fasten with a clear elastic band.
4. Repeat the French braid starting at the base of the head on the opposite section of hair in the front. Reapply Super Shine for control. Start braiding in the opposite direction of the first braid, finishing off the braid once you run out of hair on the side.
5. Release the back section of the hair and tug the second braid (closer to the back) up to create a crown effect. Secure with criss-cross bobby pins. Repeat this step on the opposite braid. Tuck the braids behind the ear to hide the ends, fastening with bobby pins. Spray back section with Joico Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax to give hair a little more separation.
6. For more glamour, curl hair with a wand to add more curls. Mist hair with Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray for hold.
For more videos from the holiday series, visit: www.joico.com/hair-tips/holiday-hair-how-tos
Joico Super Shine Glossing Polish
Joico Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax
Joico Power Spray