Texture Takes Flight
In her new Botticelli collection, this color guru showcases masses of floating, ethereal curls and rough, earthy textures.
Her neo-Botticellian beauties embody the notion that more is more when it comes to modern shapes.
Model 1: Crease is the Word
Texture & Style:
- A micro crimping iron produced the deeply jagged texture on the model's natural hair, as well as on the extensions that were blended into the existing strands.
- Petenbrink blow-dried the natural brunette hair with Joico Smooth Cure Leave-In Rescue Treatment, combined with Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil before crimping.
- She then treated the hair extensions with Joico Smooth Cure Thermal Styling Protectant before crimping.
- She created a slender French braid down the center back, and sewed the extensions into the braid.
- Then she combined the extensions with the natural hair into two, large, loosely tied bundles on each side.
- The natural brown color was enhanced with Joico Vero K-PAK Chrome equal parts of 1 oz RB4 Amaretto + 1 oz G6 Sandalwood + 4 oz Chrome Activator.
- To create the tri-color melting effect she mixed three formulas:
- Joico Vero K-PAK Color Intensity Peacock Green
- Joico Vero K-PAK Color Intensity 3/4 oz Clear + 1/4 oz Peacock Green
- Joico Vero K-PAK Color Intensity 3/4 oz Clear + 1/4 oz Yellow + 1 drop Peacock Green
Model 2: Sleek + Spirals
Texture & Style:
- To create the explosion of curls, Petenbrink applied Joico Smooth Cure Thermal Styling Protectant to slender hair extensions and wrapped each one around a tiny, 1/8 inch thermal iron-a size that's typically used for styling facial hair.
- Once the extensions were "set" she raked through the hair with her fingers to create the frothy texture.
- She then applied Joico JoiGel Firm Styling Gel and slicked all strands into a tight chignon.
- Then she attached the extensions into the chignon and sprayed the hair with Joico Power Spray Fast Dry Finishing Spray.
- Petenbrink glossed the model's existing blonde shade with Joico Vero K-PAK Chrome 1 oz G9 Spund Gold + 1 oz N9 Beachsand + 4 oz Chrome Activator to enhance shine and luster.
- To create the rosy peach accent color, she tinted a few of the extensions with Joico Vero K-PAK Color Intensity 2 oz. Clear + 1/2 oz. Pink + 1 drop Orange.
|CREDITS: Hair and haircolor: Cherry Petenbrink; Photography: Zachary Tristin; Makeup: Jeanne San Diego|